Saturday, December 22, 2012

Cedar






































This painting of Cedar is a gift for my dear friend whose dog passed away last year.  If my dogs could have had a best friend, Scarlett I & II's best friend was Cedar.  She was a puppy with Scarlett I and Scarlett II's Aunt from the same breeder. We loved and cared for Cedar when Karen went on vacations, which was often during her 14 years.   Karen is getting a new golden puppy in the Spring, which I will also love and spoil like my own.  Yes, I did name both my dogs Scarlett.  5X7 Oil on Gessobord.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful dog portrait..........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen, Happy Holidays to you and your family.

      Delete
  2. Cedar was a beautiful dog as well as Margie's 2 Goldens. We all had much joy from them. The portrait looks exactly like her. I am so pleased and touched by my friend Margie's talent and friendship. Koehler

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did such a beautiful job on this portrait of Cedar! You can almost feel his fur..!

    ReplyDelete