Sunday, April 29, 2012

Forsythia in Mason Jar







































This 5"x7" oil on gessobord was part of a glass study.  What I like about this still life is the complementary colors and the mason jar lid.   When I moved into my home 20 years ago the entire property was lined with a 10 feet deep forsythia border.  It took quite a few years and our hard work to remove all of the forsythia for new gardens. This is cutting is from the one bush that remains.  I hack away at it every year after it blooms... so I guess I have a love/hate relationship with forsythia.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy driving to work this time of year since parts of my route take me through Tennessee Wholesale Nursery

    ReplyDelete