Sunday, February 10, 2013

Eggs, Spinach and Goat Cheese

Weekend breakfast happens to be one of my favorites meals and it always includes eggs of some kind.  Slow cooked scrambled eggs are one of my specialties that I have mastered and is always requested when my daughter comes to town.  A tartine with a schmear of goat cheese, piled high with eggs and topped with spinach and some more goat cheese is the perfect Sunday breakfast.


9 eggs
1/2 tsp of salt
1/8 tsp of pepper
Chives - 1 tablespoon chopped
3 slices of whole wheat panella bread toasted
Goat cheese Chevere - 3 tablespoons
1 package of baby spinach
1 clove of garlic finely chopped
olive oil

Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add garlic and heat for one minute.  Add baby spinach and sauté until wilted.  Remove spinach and set aside to drain the a strainer.   In a medium size bowl crack eggs, add salt & pepper and chopped chives and whisk with a fork until just combined.  Heat non-stick pan  to medium, spray with Pam,  add eggs and lower heat to lowest setting.  Stir eggs constantly with a spatular very slowly pushing eggs around pan, it should take at least five minutes or more.  Do not over cook.  Eggs should be wet and moist and are done when they no longer stick to bottom.  Remove immediately from pan.  Toast your bread and schmear with goat cheese, pile on eggs, top with drained spinach and some more goat cheese.  Serves three.



3 comments:

  1. Oh MY! So YUMMY. I can highlight the copy and send to my hubby - the chef - but would love to forward this whole thing to his computer. Any ideas on how?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I haven't tried goat cheese with scramble eggs! I am a huge fan of spinach, but never thought of adding goat cheese and that just floors me! This sounds and looks absolutely delicious and your picture with the red bowl is beautiful! (Thanks for the tip on the eegs as well!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Karen, you are in for a treat when you try eggs with goat cheese - I love the creamy tang. Margie

      Delete