Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Texture Tuesday

Textured in Photoshop


My goal for 2013 was to learn Photoshop CS6.  When I first loaded the program I was overwhelmed, but quite determined to learn it.  Sitting with the book and YouTube videos most evenings has helped me tremendously.  Recently I have found two blogs that offer free tutorials, actions, and textures. Kim Klassen Cafe and The Coffee Shop cafe Blog.  Having fun and could become obsessed.  Hey when did they start taking the fuzz off peaches?


Original

9 comments:

  1. Looks like you are meeting your goals especially from the above image, lovely transformation. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very lovely...I like the soft colors contrast, and the textures are gently added.

    Very nice image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't even tapped into a 1/3 of Elements and I've had it for years! It's good to keep in mind that you don't have to learn it all at once!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, funny that's what I tell people about gardening, it's not something you do all at once, it's a lifetime hobby. But technology seems to change so quickly, and I always feel I'm always running to keep up.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful editing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your peaches - I can almost taste their sweetness and smell their wonderful scent. I don't care if there is no fuzzy skin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummy. I always thought fuzzless peaches were nectarines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is what I read about peaches purchased from supermarkets:

      "If you ever noticed when you buy peaches at supermarkets and most grocery stores the peaches have very little fuzz. That's because when the peaches are harvested and taken to distribution plants the fuzz is brushed off. Peaches sold at Farmer's markets or on roadsides are harvested and sold directly, fuzz and all."

      I miss the fuzz.

      Delete
  7. Such a dreamy picture; your editing is lovely!

    ReplyDelete