Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Fish Fillet with Spinach & Tomato in Parchment - "Cooking for One"

Tonight's "cooking for one" recipe came to me on the checkout line in the supermarket.  While waiting on line, I picked up a copy of Bon Appetit and in it was an article on cooking in parchment.  Since I had just purchased  a fresh 6 oz. piece of Flute (a firm white fish), I went over in my head what fresh vegetables I had at home, picked a few fresh herbs from the garden on my way into the house, poured myself a glass of wine and I was cooking. Talk about low fat, moist, flavorful, and easy clean up, this recipe was perfect for dinner for one.  Calories calculated on MyFitnessPal app - 300 Calories per serving.  Some fresh fruit for dessert and I was totally satisfied.  Yes, I'm worth the effort.














Fish Fillet with Spinach & Tomato in Parchment - Serves One

6 oz fillet of Flute (or founder, cod, halibut)
2 handfuls of fresh baby spinach
1/2 chopped fresh tomato
3 kalamata olives chopped
1 tsp olive oil
3 lemon slices - thin
Fresh Chives chopped
1 tsp of white wine
12 X 14 sheet of parchment paper - folded and cut into a heart shape

Fold and cut your parchment into a heart shape.  Place your spinach, chopped tomato, olives, a squeeze of lemon, 1/2 tsp oil, salt and pepper on to half the parchment.  Place your cleaned and dried fillet on top.  Salt & pepper, drizzle with 1/2 tsp oil, 1 tsp of white wine, slices of lemon and snipped fresh chives on top.  Fold your parchment over top and seal by crimping the paper to form a seal.  Place on a sheet pan in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes.  Be careful opening up parchment, steam is very hot.



No comments:

Post a Comment