Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Blue Dory Lane







































This 5X7 oil painting on Gessobord was painted from a photo taken on Block Island of the lane behind the Blue Dory Inn.  Walking by I caught a glimpse of the sea between the buildings and had to paint it. This painting is available in my Etsy Shop.



Linked to:  Boogie Board CottageAlderberry Hill, DwellingsRain on a Tin Roof, The Chicken ChickA Stroll thru LifeMy uncommon Slice of SuburiaSavvy Southern StyleGingerly MadeLive laugh Rowe, Farm House PorchDomestic Super HeroJennifer RizzoCostal CharmCedar Hill RanchLamberts Lately

9 comments:

  1. Oh what a lovely place. Beautiful painting. Thanks so much for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This painting seems to be all about summertime. It is lovely and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the painting of Block Island, a state away from me, lovely,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Block Island is a fun place to paint. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Very nice, I am always intrigued by scenes with a road or path leading off somewhere and often paint them myself. I love the peak of the sea...
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenna. A peak of something intrigues me too!

      Delete
  5. Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

    Your painting is breath-taking. Your colors are calming.
    I love how it draws you in!
    Thank you for sharing,
    Suzanne
    PS I will surely be checking out your etsy shop next!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, I can look at your artwork and my mind just wonders from thought to thought...so peaceful!
    Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday, hope you'll hop back over...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete