1. My new health obsession is drinking warm water with lemon juice each morning. Everyone including Dr. Oz raves about the health benefits from detoxing your system to helping prevent the common cold. Check out 16 Health Benefits of Drinking Warm Lemon Water and give it a try.
2. Broccoli has become one my favorite vegetables again. After overdosing on it when my kids were young, I have rediscovered it's deliciousness and eat it weekly. Especially enjoy it with garlic and oil.
3. This week I tried Chai tea and totally enjoyed the spicy brew, but thought Starbucks version was a little too sweet. It turned me off when I heard they use a syrup to create their favors and knew I could do better. My daughter sent me a link to Cup of Jo's Marsala Chai recipe. Collected all the ingredients and have fell head over heels with this heart warming spicy beverage.
4. Supermarket shopping is not one of my favorite tasks to do each week. To challenge myself I try to do my complete food order in 30 minutes on my work break, that includes driving to and from supermarket and leaving groceries in the car until lunchtime. I fly through the market at high speeds picking up everything on my mental list. I have memorized the layout of the store, and knowing all the quick checkout people helps - one checkout lady said I'm her "idol." Only once did I knock a woman into the yogurt case by accident.
5. My favorite part of working in a High School office is hanging around the Related Arts classes. I'm always checking out what's going on the ceramics, drawing, fashion design, photography, and music classes. It's great for photo opts and the teachers always cooperate to help me with word prompts for my 365 Photography challenge. This picture was for the prompt "In a Bowl."
This weekend I'm in NC and was hoping for a break from the 4 degree temperatures in NJ, but woke up this morning to 15 degrees in NC. Yikes!
Have a great weekend and stay warm my friends.
Linked to: Boogie Board Cottage, Alderberry Hill, Dwellings, Rain on a Tin Roof, The Chicken Chick, A Stroll thru Life, My uncommon Slice of Suburia, Savvy Southern Style, Gingerly Made, Live laugh Rowe, Farm House Porch, Domestic Super Hero, Jennifer Rizzo, Costal Charm, Cedar Hill Ranch, Lamberts Lately, Textured Tuesday, Friday Finds, Quotography, Simple Things Sunday